These recipes are all submitted by fellow Linewife’s! They have helped them feed a large crew or just simply fed their family! Comment below if you have more you would like to add and I will get them added! Also any notes or recommendations are great appreciated! We are all here to help each other! Happy cooking!
Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili ~Linewife
*Great hearty meal that feeds 6-8 hungry Linemen! *
- 1can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1can white beans
- 1can corn , undrained
- 1can Rotel , undrained
- 1package ranch dressing mix
- 1tsp cumin
- 1Tbsp chili powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1 8oz package light cream cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
Toppings: Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese, Chives, and Hot Sauce if you dare!
- Place chicken at bottom of crock pot, then pour whole can of corn, rotel, black beans and white beans on top. Cover with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Alfredo ~ Marissa L.
*My Lineman loves this meal. He asks for it a lot!*
TOTAL TIME: 2:30
SERVES: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. chicken broth
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lb. rigatoni
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, add chicken, butter, heavy cream, chicken broth. Season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken and add back to the slow cooker.
- Keep the slow cooker on high and stir in pasta and Parmesan, and cook until the pasta is tender, 20 to 25 minutes more.
- Serve immediately with parsley.
One Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Pasta ~ Jana B.
*This is super easy to make and it makes a ton. He loves taking it to work for left overs! *
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound of dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning plus more for topping
- 4 oz of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- Start with a large covered cooking pot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and cajun seasoning to pot.
- Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning to taste.
Mexican Tater Tot Casserole ~ Shannon K.
*My Lineman and the family jokingly call this Crack Casserole. It’s so yummy! When he is working near home he asks for it at least once a week! *
- 1 lb. 85/15 ground beef
- 1 onion, diced ( about ¼ cup)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (1 oz.)
- 1 can green chiles (4 oz.)
- 1 can black beans ( 15.5 oz.) rinsed and drained
- 1 bag frozen corn (14.4 oz.)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese (off the block), divided
- 4 cups frozen tater tots
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the ground beef and the onion to a 12-inch skillet, brown meat until thoroughly cooked. Drain off excess fat and return to skillet. Add the season packet, green chiles, black beans, frozen corn and the enchilada sauce to the meat and onion, stir until combined. Over medium heat cook another 8 to 10 minutes. Add 2 cups of shredded cheese to the meat mixture and stir until blended. Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly. Place the tater tots evenly over top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; add the remaining cup of cheese over the top. Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and top with sour cream!
Easy Banana Bread ~Kim A.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2-3 well ripened bananas
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream the butter and sugar together Mash the well ripened bananas, add to the sugar and butter mixture Mix remaining ingredients, and place in loaf pan bake at 325 for about an hour!
Crockpot Chuck Roast ~Kim A.
1 4lb chuck roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of Lipton onion soup
1 package of baby carrots
5-8 red potatoes halved
Place all ingredients into crockpot, set on low for 8-10 hours
Easy Baked Ziti ~ Amanda L.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 32 oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 16 oz. jar alfredo sauce
- 1 lb. penne pasta or ziti or rigatoni
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Prepare pasta according to directions.
- In a medium sauce pan, brown ground beef with onion (if using).
- After beef is brown and crumbled, drain excess grease.
- Put back in pot and pour in one jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Keep mixture on low until pasta is done.
- When pasta is finished, drain excess water from pasta. You want the pasta as dry as possible.
- Put pasta back in large pot (with heat off) and pour in jar of alfredo sauce. Combine until thoroughly coated.
- Pour pasta mixture into bottom of 9 x 13 dish.
- Cover pasta with spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Don’t put the pot that you used for the spaghetti sauce in with the dirty dishes yet. Keep that pot out and start heating up second jar of spaghetti sauce on low heat. Put a cover on it to keep warm until ziti is finished baking.
- Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let rest for about 5 minutes after taking out of oven.
- Serve portions onto plates, and pour some of the heated spaghetti sauce on top.
EASY OVEN FAJITAS~ Amanda L.
These Easy Oven Fajitas are a simple “set it and forget it” way to get that smoky sweet flavor of traditional griddle fajitas.
Cook Time 40 minutes
- 1Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2Tbsp paprika
- 1/2tsp onion powder
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- 1/4tsp cumin
- 1/8tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2small or 1 large onion
- 3bell peppers, any color
- 1 chicken breast*
- 2 vegetable oil
- 1medium lime
- 86-inch tortillas
- 1/2cup sour cream (optional) $0.50
- 1/4bunch cilantro (optional) $0.23
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the spices for the fajita seasoning in a small bowl and set aside (chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt).
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into 1/4-inch wide strips. Place them in a large 13×15-inch casserole dish or a large baking sheet. Slice the chicken breast into very thin strips and add it to the casserole dish with the vegetables.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning mix over top. Use your hands to toss the ingredients until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring once half way through. Squeeze the juice from half of the lime over top of the meat and vegetables after they come out of the oven.
- While the fajita mix bakes, toast each tortilla in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, until lightly browned on each side. Scoop a small amount of meat and vegetables into the center of each tortilla. Top with a few sprigs of cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and an extra squeeze of lime if desired.
One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta ~Jen F.
-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1 lb smoked turkey sausage
-1 cup diced onions
-1 Tbsp minced garlic
-2 cups chicken broth
-1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes
-1/2 cup milk OR heavy cream
-8 oz dry pasta ( I use bow tie but any pasta will do)
-1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
-1 cup shredded cheese or whatever is your favorite
- Add olive oil to 4-5 quart sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook around 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for 5 minutes.
Taco Bake ~ Jen T.
* This is SUPER easy to make when I don’t have a lot of time to toss something together. The whole family loves it!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, water, sour cream and taco seasoning mix.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In the bottom of a greased 9×13” baking dish, place a layer of tortilla chips.
- Cover with a layer of meat mixture then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat this process until the last layer is cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- 1 1/2 lbs. 93% to 96% lean ground beef
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 8-12 oz. pkg. Colby-Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- Corn tortilla chips
Million Dollar Spaghetti ~ Anna B.
* This is great for family gatherings or just when you have friends over. It’s cheap, very filling and very easy to make.
- 16Ounces Dried Spaghetti Noodles
- 1Cup 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 4Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2Pounds Sweet Italian Sausage Casing Removed
- 2–24Ounce Jars Spaghetti Sauce-Divided
- 8Ounces Cottage Cheese or Ricotta Cheese
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Teaspoons Dried Italian Seasoning
- 3Cups Mozzarella Shredded-Divided
- 1/2Cup Butter Cut Into Slices-Divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water, with 1 Tablespoon of salt, to a boil. Cook pasta according to package. Drain well, then return pasta to original pot, and add 1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce and combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers. Add onion and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add sausage to skillet, and brown, crumbling sausage with a wooden spoon. Cook until there is no longer any pink in sausage. Drain well. Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce to skillet. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Place half the sliced of butter in the baking dish. Spread half the spaghetti in dish, then spread cheese mixture evenly over spaghetti. Top with the remaining butter slices. Spread remaining spaghetti over cheese mixture. Pour tomato meat sauce evenly over top layer of spaghetti.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and bake in preheated oven until casserole is heated through, about 35-45 minutes.